Reign of Turmoil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reign of Turmoil

Four Kingdoms at war. Magic, Monsters, Castles, and Warriors all fighting for their Rulers. Pick you Kingdom, Race, Class and Weapons and join the fray.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Character, Class, Jobs, Weapons Level:
Weapon and Armor Damage and Resistance:
Spells and Abilities:

Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Empty
PostSubject: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:59 pm

I tweaked the Play Rules a little

- Added in more Spell and Abilities Rules
- Changed the Dodge Dice Roll from 20 sided to 100 sided dice
- Noted what happens when you change your Class with regards to your Premade spells and abilities
- Added the Questing guide for player's ease of info

Tweaked the Stats and how they work
- Added the carrying weight in Strength
- Took out Agility affecting attacks, now dodge only

Last edited by Azalea on Mon May 06, 2013 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://reignofturmoil.forumotion.com
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Added area   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:27 am

I added the DIY Area to all Merchant and Crafter's Districts.

Because of the War, many more crafters are needed. There is too much work for them to do, so all the shops banded together to create an area where people who wanted to learn could Do It Themselves (DIY=Do It Yourself). This is for Blacksmiths, Wood Crafters, Tailor/Leatherworkers, Jewel Crafters, and Cooks. There is everything you need to work in a shop designed to your Job type: hammers, bellows, chisels, needle and thread, pots and pans, etc. This is designed to keep people from 'Borrowing' the shop's gear and stuff.

Now a Blacksmith (for example) wont have to go into the blacksmith's shop and ask permission from an NPC to use their stuff and... then the next person does it... and the next person does it... then we have a long running topic that is multiple topics that started and ended all in one... which bugs me =) (If I posted in it a year ago, am I still getting emails saying someone replied to my topic? i'd rather not)

So now, someone can make a fresh topic "Azalea crafting her staff" "Chrys making a sword" etc, and you are all at your own work stations doing it (not that you can't combine them if you wanted to, but that you don't have to if you don't want to) and when you exit your topic, no one is forced to post in your topic because it happens to be the only blacksmith's in town... or something like that
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Added more to Leveling Rules... in the Leveling your job section:

Now, if you are 20 pts past something in your job leveling guide, using that thing will no longer give you pts to leveling (Ex. Level 1 Wood Crafter uses alder, when you hit lvl 20, using Alder will no longer give you points)
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Edited the Animal Deity buffs, now they all scale with Class level

down graded some that were already scaled with level since they were a little OP
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 6:38 pm

Changed Play rules with:
added in some weapon/armor rules, and changed making your own spells that if you don't make one within 10 levels you lose it

Changed Weapon's template and Armor Template and changed the already made basic weapons
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 4:41 pm

I added in some Premade attack-buffs and attacks, but the post was too long so I split it in three: Premade Buff and Debuff Spells, Premade Healing and Attack spells, and Premade Abilities. (I'm not sure if I will need to split it up any further as I have not yet made ALL the Premade spells and abilities so far)

I moved the post into a new section: Premade Spells and Abilities

Creation -> Spells and Abilities -> Premade Spells and Abilities.

Off to make some more.
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:17 am

Again, more changes to the Premade area...

- there are now 4 posts that contain all the spells and abilities I have made so far (more to come so I will keep you informed here of any additions at the end of the day whenever I'm working on them)
Premade Buff/DeBuff Spells
Premade Abilities
Premade Healing and Attacking Spells
Premade Spells/Abilities - Class Specific

I have redistributed some spells and abilities that belonged elsewhere... (Class Specific)
I also added a bunch of the Abilities, both to the Class Specific and the regular Abilities
And I made a couple more Spells to the Healing and Attacking spells
(I think! most of the spells are done... unless they are Class Specific... don't quote me on it, but maybe)

Most of the Required ones are made, check the List I posted to see what spells are mandatory for you to get, and u get to pick 5 more (since they are not all up yet... you may want to wait on that at this time) but anyways... after you find your 6 and pick 5 more, talk to an admin about the order in which you want to receive them (Deity and Channeling the Gods is the lvl 1, you get to choose the lvl 10, 20, etc. order for the remaining 10), this will be written down... somewhere, I haven't figured that out yet, give me time. I was thinking on your character app, but idk if I want to clutter that up...

What else did I do today... I think that's all... no work tomorrow for me so i'll keep working on finishing up those Spells and Abilities and hopefully they'll be done by today.

Night
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:43 pm

- The Deity Buff and Channeling the God/Goddess are now just a given spell that you get through the training when you start your character, not a required spell

So now, you get 5 required and you pick 6 (instead of 6 and pick 5). This also lets the required spells like Tame be gotten at level 1 since it's kinda how a Beast Master works... there were a few others like that, but anyways...

- Changed some of the Premade Required list because of this, added or changed some from Pally, Priest, Druid...

- All the Premade are done except the Class Specific ones, there are 2 left, 1 for Priest and 1 for Beast Master, all other Classes are finished and free to choose the remaining 6 they want, as the remaining 2 are only for those 2 classes and part of their required set of 5.

- Added a Beast Template, this is for Druids for transformation and Beast Masters for taming. You make the template up and it gets approved before they can be used. this makes it easier for the admins so we dont' have to make up a crap ton of animals that may never get used just incase someone wants it... if you want it, you make it.

-I still have work to do for Druid transformation rules... like if I want to let you transform into Any type right off the bat or as you level give you the bigger better beasts... not sure at this time. That is probably next on my list after I finish the last 2 Premade things
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:17 am

Changed Play Rules to have both Spell and Ability Rules and Weapon and Armor Rules as a link to the desired postings. Now, when I alter a rule, I only have to do it in one place and wont worry about conflicting information

Changed the creation forum a little, now Weapons and Armors is one that splits once you go inside, that way Armor and Weapons can both have the same post for rules. I will work on combining the Types into the Rules post... i'll do it tomorrow... night
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 1:04 pm

As me and Chrysantha have been doing our initial training, I've been beta testing how it works.. and changed quite a few things... anyways... i'll post a Training Rules and Guidelines or something in a moment... for now i'll summarize:

It was formerly:
-each Class had to do specific weapons, now anyone can do any weapon they want or all the weapons they want.
- it took 2 posts to do 1 pt in training, now it's 1post=1pt but only... ONLY... your first point. after that first point it takes 20 posts to get a point
- if you decide you don't want a weapon to train in during your initial training... and come back later thinking it'll take 1post.. you are wrong, it'll now take u 5 posts to get that 1st pt (20posts=1pt after that). So we recommend you, regardless of your Class and if you want to use a weapon or not... we recommend you train in Every weapon we offer (Sword, Staff, Polearm, Axe, Mace, Dagger, Hand to Hand, Throwing Weapons, Bow and Arrow)
- since almost all the weapons will be as a sparring training (if you are alone, you will have an npc to spar with), we want it to be a practice for how fighting out in the real world will be... so
* 1 swing of a weapon allowed per post
* if someone attacks you, you will roll a dodge before you do your RP post. This dodge roll will tell you how much you dodged the attack and then you can incorporate that information into your RP (Be like... one post just saying Dodge Roll and you do the roll. then you do another post that is your RP saying... I rolled a 50 so... "I didn't manage to get out of the way in time and was hit with most of the swing, the mace hit my hand and made it numb but it didn't break, yada yada"
* Remember to say where and how you are attacking since it matters

I think that's it on the Training updates so far...

Now for more changes:
- we added a new Class: Necromancer

To Do List on changes to come (so I don't forget I need to change things)
- add in necromancer premade spells/abilities
- split up the Channeling the God/Goddess into different spells, 1 for Paladin, 1 for Priest and 1 for Necromancer
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:07 pm

- started makeing descriptions for the different areas... now people will know the general appearance of the building they are entering and can make a post accordingly

- added necromancer training lessons

- changed the order of some of the forums... put the borders between lands farther down the main page.

- changed the Training Yard to Training Court and put a Weapon Trainging Yard inside that as the area that people will do their Weapon Training posts

- changed death rules so that the 1st time you die, you encounter your god and they tell you what to do.
- changed death rules so that if you do not have a god at all, you need 3X your character level's worth in life energy instead of 2X like everyone else that has a God. This is for having a god at all, not just Paladins and the like, but a Mercenary with a patron animal god is someone who has a God... if you choose not to have a god... then you don't get the free buff and you now need to kill more monsters in the Realm of the Dead to resurrect yourself.

- made a 'How to Join' thingy for Guests... just incase there was any confusion on how to join or why you needed to give your email address.. and how you can't use the same email more than once.

- put a forum area for everyone to do. It is in the OOC. Now you post your stats and points and basic information. when you level, you post your changes and how many points you got in weapons and jobs and stuff.

- changed name of Bandit class to Rogue

- split up the Channeling posts per God type: Necromancer, Paladin, Priest, Druid
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:29 am

Changed the Race Rules:

where before you needed to be 50% a Core race and you could be 50% a humanoid non core race - now you can be 100% any humanoid race (human characteristics) regardless if it's a Core race (the basic ones that are listed) or a random one you like... like fairy, sprite, gnome, etc.

nonhumanoid races (at least 50% animal characteristics like harpy, mermaid, etc.) can only be a MAX of 50% a nonhumanoid race and the rest has to be a humanoid.

and you can only have 1 nonhumanoid race in your blood, no 10% werewolf, 10% mermaid, 10% harpy and 70% elf... only ONE nonhumanoid race (no flying-breathing-underwater-werewolfs... way too OP)

The Nonhumanoid races that are Core Races - Centaur and Minotaur - are an exception to the 50% rule of only being 50% that race, they are treated as a humanoid race and can have 50% Max of another nonhumanoid race (Ex. 50% Werewolf, 50% Minotaur)

Werewolfs are treated as NonHumanoid since the shapeshifted form is more than 50% animal

Made the Race Rules in the Play Rules section a link to the Races part in Character Creation so that it is only written in one place and when i need to edit something i don't have to do it in more than once place

Changes to Classes:

Took out the Armor limitations in each Class description since we are reworking Armor rules so that anyone can wear anything... if they have the Strength requirements (still working that up at the moment)

Changed Warrior to Barbarian and made them available in any Country

Made Knights available in Scali now when they weren't before

Took out the Mage boost being only when worked with a Wand, now don't need it

Added Class Monk

Added Class Elementalist

Think that's if for now, have more changes to do now...

My Honey-Do list:
Make Necromancer, Monk, Elementalist PreMade Abilities and Spells
Make Druid training post in BM House
Make training lessons for Rogues and Beast Masters
Change Aamath's backstory
Figure out Armor Strength requirements depending on type (Cloth, Leather, Chainmail, Platemail)
Write up descriptions for each humanoid God and a overall 'you just died' post
Work up Druid forms list by level
Make Enchanting Job (specific enchants that get better by level, scaling system)
Work on Job Leveling Guides
... i'll think of more after i hit Send i just know it lol
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Changed Mages so that they need a part of their element or magic type to work the magic (a flame or a spark to work fire, water on hand or near by for water, etc.)

elementalists have an ability they need to learn so that they can 'Materialize' the element from nothing, but once they learn it, it is a passive ability they no longer need to cast

limited the levitation range for Mages with air magic so they can't be as powerful as elementalists in that aspect, elementalists with air should be able to fly freely, not so much with mages, they have Some levitation abilities, but there is a limit based on weight of the object.

finished making Necromancer, Elementalist, and Monk Premade abilities and spells.

Changed Aamath's back story

changed armor rules so that u can wear any armor regardless of class but there is a strength requirement per armor type, see armor rules

Still to do list:
make BM training posts, including the Druid one
Make Rogue training posts
humanoid god descriptions for 'u died' posts
druid form lists by level for all types
work on job leveling guides
add enchanting as job
redo all kingdom backstories to be comparable to Aamath's new one
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:11 pm

I've been working on the druid form guides:

added spider form as a separate from insects. changed goat/deer god to cloven hooved animals. changed wolf/dog to canine and cat to feline. monkey to monkey/primate.

still debating some things with them but it's a work in progress

started trying to fill in the job leveling guides also, nowhere near done with that.

changed up the rules section a tiny bit, added in new sections for leveling guides

trying to remember what else I was doing... I think it was just that but it's so much just in those things that it's ridiculous =) I have to find out what forms I want and for what reasons and put them at what level I think it should be... now i'll have to finish that off and put in basic stats for each animal... which is 10 animals per god... just thinking about it is making my head spin... ugh

that's it for my update for now
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Added in Tattoos
See Tattoos; What Why and Template for details

Changed the dodge roll for players (remember to round up to the nearest whole number if it becomes a fraction)
1-19 = hit completely (0%)
20-39 = dodge 1/4 (25%) damage (meaning you get hit with 3/4 or 75%)
40-59 = dodge 1/2 (50%) damage
60-79 = dodge 3/4 (75%) damage (meaning you get hit with 1/4 or 25%)
80-100 = dodge all (100%) damage

before it was... 1-25 = hit completely, 26-75 dodge 1/4 damage then above that is dodge completely... i thought that was too odd, so i made it that you can dodge for 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of the damage.
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:54 am

for admin usage:
-started adding in gods'/animal descriptions for use in posts/creation
-added a Monk training post in Classroom to give them a unique class attribute.
-added monk and elementalist into the new training outline

for everyone else:
-added in pictures of different NPCs and a couple Gods so it's easier to post knowing what you're looking at =)

to do:
-do the beast master training posts for beast master and druids, change the intro to be useful for druids also
-do the thieves guild training posts
-work on job leveling guides (Finish at least 1! you lazy bum!!... yes i'm talking to myself)

Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Rules changed:
Changed 'the Realm of the Dead' to Limbo

Different Jobs changed:
separated tailor and leatherworker.
gave RP job weapon training masters 5post.vs.20post when training people.
Gave first aid rez at lvl 100

Premade spells and abilties - Class specific changed:
Added Serenity to Priest's Mandatory (took out Magic Alteration Buff as mandatory)
- Serenity is a Priest's way of getting out of Limbo - by Cleansing the creatures and making them people again (or animals depending on what type of creature)

Changed Necromancer's spell Creation to Subjugate
- Subjugate is a Necromancers way of getting out of Limbo - by enslaving (Subjugating) the creatures and making them yours to summon whenever you want.  You have to Subjugate them before you can summon them, can't just summon a creature that you don't own yet.

Limbo:
Added a description on what the creatures there are or at least how they became. Not a description of what each creature is, but as a whole
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 1:58 pm

added in Accuracy to the Weapon and Armor rules:

Accuracy:

I think you should be rewarded for getting your skill level up, and it just makes sense to me that a master of their weapon would have an easier time hitting their target

For every 5 points in your Weapon/Magic skill, you take away 1 dodge roll form your opponent’s dodge
100 in your skill = 20 dodge taken away = they will only be able to dodge completely if they roll a 100 (100-20=80 = still a dodge all roll)

finished the Enchanting Rules and Leveling Guide:
https://reignofturmoil.forumotion.com/t83-enchanting-rules-and-leveling-guide#195

Added Enchanting to list of Jobs in the creation section
Added an Enchanting Template for making your own Enchants
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:34 am

finished Jewel Crafting Leveling Guide
https://reignofturmoil.forumotion.com/t88-jewel-crafting-leveling-guide#200

changed up the Leveling Jobs and RP jobs in creation to suit the new way of Jewel Crafting
https://reignofturmoil.forumotion.com/t7-leveling-jobs-and-rp-jobs#7

changed:
-Blacksmithing
-Woodcrafting
-Leatherworking
-Tailoring
-Jewel crafting

Jewel crafting does not make jewelry, they cut gems that are used in making jewelry.  
- They need a Blacksmith to make metal jewelry and socket gems into metal armor or weapons
- They need a Woodcrafter to make wooden jewelry and socket gems into wooden armor or weapons
- They need a Leatherworker to make leather jewelry and socket gems into leather armor
- They need a Tailor to make cloth jewelry (string necklaces or such) and to socket gems into cloth armor
Back to top Go down
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Spells and Abilities:

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Changed Paladins to Valkyr - the lore fits slightly better and i don't want people thinking paladins/valkyr have to be all for goodness, they are battle oriented and that's about it. good or bad, they follow their god. Valkyr is Valkyries but i didn't want people thinking you had to be female, you can be a male, that is why i shortened it to Valkyr

Changed Priests to Scions - there should be 'priests' of every god.. so having a Priest as the Class may confuse some people... so I changed it.

I didn't go through the training posts that have already been done and change it there... way too lazy to do all that. I changed it everywhere else though so there shouldn't be a mention of Paladins or Priests except in Azalea/Chrys's Recruitment tent, Weapon training and Classroom training posts, Tokani Mae's recruitment tent, weapon training posts, and Tristan's Recruitment tent and weapon training posts. You can still read through these to get the gist of what you are suppose to do during you training, but know that Paladin is now Valkyr and Priest is now Scion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!   Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edit/added things to site, pay attention! if i change a rule, read it!
Page 1 of 1