Reign of Turmoil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reign of Turmoil

Four Kingdoms at war. Magic, Monsters, Castles, and Warriors all fighting for their Rulers. Pick you Kingdom, Race, Class and Weapons and join the fray.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PreMade Buff/DeBuff Spells

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azalea
Admin
Azalea

Character sheet
Character, Class, Jobs, Weapons Level:
Weapon and Armor Damage and Resistance:
Spells and Abilities:

PreMade Buff/DeBuff Spells Empty
PostSubject: PreMade Buff/DeBuff Spells   PreMade Buff/DeBuff Spells Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Every Character gets one Spell or Ability from the Premade section every 10 Class Levels, starting with 1, 10, 20, etc.  There are 5 already chosen for each class, choose your remaining 6 from the lists.  The order which you get these, is up to you.

Spells
(require Mana)

Stat Buff and Debuff
Mages and Healers can only take one spell from here if they want one

Name: Strength Alteration
Type: Buff, DeBuff
Magic Type: N/A
Mana Cost: 2 X class level
Casting Time: 1 post cast, effect starts in next post
Duration of Effect: 3 posts duration after casting
Cooldown: 2 post cooldown after duration
Stat Requirements: 10 Magic
Training Level Requirement: 1 Magic, scales withclass  level
Class Level Requirement: 1, scales with class level
Area of Effect: Single target.  30 foot range
Primary Effect: +10 Strength X caster’s Class level to friendly targets
Secondary Effect: -10 Strength X caster’s Class level to enemy targets
Description: No outward sign of spell.  It either Buffs a friendly target with more Strength or DeBuffs an enemy target with reduced Strength.  Caster can be on the move when casting
RP Sample: Casting Strength Alteration on your enemy, you reduce his Strength by 20 since your class is level 2 (spell effect dependent on caster’s class level) which reduces his damage by 2 for the next 3 posts.

Name: Magic Alteration  
Duration of Effect: Points last the battle topic
Cooldown: 2 post coooldown after cast (can only cast once on each target during a single battle, but you can cast it on different targets after the cooldown)
Training Level Requirement: 1 Magic training
Class Level Requirement: 1, scales with Class level
Area of Effect: single target.  30 foot range
Primary Effect: Gives Magic 2 X caster’s class level to friendly targets (the stat, giving 10 Mana X class lvl)
Secondary Effect: Takes away Magic 2 X the caster’s class level from an enemy target
Description: No outward sign of spell.  It either Buffs a friendly target with more Magic or DeBuffs an enemy target with reduced Magic.  Caster can be on the move when casting
RP Sample: Casting Magic Alteration on your enemy you reduce their Magic by 6 (since you are level 3), thus reducing their Mana by 30.

Name: Stamina Alteration
Duration of Effect: Points last the battle topic
Cooldown: 2 post coooldown after cast (can only cast once on each target during a single battle, but you can cast it on different targets after the cooldown)
Primary Effect: Gives Stamina 2 X caster’s class level to friendly targets (the stat, giving 10 Energy X class lvl)
Secondary Effect: Takes away Stamina 2 X the caster’s class level from an enemy target
Description: No outward sign of spell.  It either Buffs a friendly target with more Stamina or DeBuffs an enemy target with reduced Stamina.  Caster can be on the move when casting
RP Sample: Casting Stamina Alteration on your enemy you reduce their Stamina by 6 (since you are level 3), thus reducing their Energy by 30.

Name: Agility Alteration
Mana Cost: 2 X every even class level
Duration of Effect: 3 posts
Cooldown: 2 posts
Character Level Requirement: 1, scales with Class level
Primary Effect: +10 Agility (1 dodge dice roll) to friendly targets every other Class level of caster starting with 1,2,4,6,8…100
Secondary Effect:  -10 Agility (1 dodge dice roll) to Enemy targets every other Class level of caster starting with 1,2,4,6,8…100
Description: No outward sign of spell.  It either Buffs a friendly target with more Agility or DeBuffs an enemy target with reduced Agility.  Caster can be on the move when casting
RP Sample: He hits too hard, if only I could dodge more of his attacks.  Casting Agility Alteration on myself increases my dodge dice roll by 26 (since I am class level 50 – class level divided in half for 25 plus 1 for the lvl 1 since it started there and then went to 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.).  Now I can dodge more of his damage and have a higher chance of dodging completely.

Name: Max Health Alteration
Type: Buff
Mana Cost: 5 Mana X every other class level of caster
Casting Time: 2 posts of charging, effect happens in 3rd post
Duration of Effect: For the battle topic
Cooldown: battle topic
Stat Requirements: 20 Magic
Training Level Requirement: 20 Magic training
Class Level Requirement: 20
Area of Effect: one single target during the entire battle, so pick carefully.  20 foot range
Primary Effect: Doubles target’s max Hit Point capacity.  It does not heal them for that amount, it just increases their Max health.  Now someone can heal them for that extra amount making it so they have double the Hit Points they could have had before (Ex. Max hit Points is 50, now it’s 100 but you only have 50/100 of it until someone ‘heals’ you for the rest of it for you to get 100/100)
Secondary Effect: None
Description: No outward effect from casting.  Target’s hair turns a slightly red color for first post of duration.  Doubles the amount of Hit Points the target is capable of having.  Can cast while moving
RP Sample: As soon as the battle started, I began casting Max Health Alteration; this boss would be a long fight.  
Second post and it’s ready, our Knight is the one taking most of the damage, with this casted on him, his Max health doubles and our healer can get to work healing him up the new Hit Points he just gained room for.  Now he has a bigger buffer for taking hits.

Attack/Damage Buffs
Scions and Mages can take any from here with no 'Only one' limit.  Healers can only take one from here if they want one.

Name: Incorporation
Type: Attack-type Buff
Mana Cost: 4 mana to activate.  All spells used during the duration take 50% more mana to cast.  
Casting Time: 1 post cast, effect start in next post
Cooldown: once per battle topic
Stat Requirements: 15 Magic
Training Level Requirement: 15 Magic training
Class Level Requirement: 10
Area of Effect: Self-target
Primary Effect: This draws your element into your body, primarily giving a magical damage buff that doubles the damage/healing of your spells.  Spells used during the duration cost an additional 50% mana from each attack
Secondary Effect: Changes your appearance into a person: of fire, of stone, a tree, a shadow, a breeze, a water/ice person, a person of light.  (Imaging a balloon in the shape of your body filled with your element… then pop the balloon and you have the shape of your body composed completely of your element).  
Description: Changes your appearance depending on your Elemental type, see above.  The spell doubles your elemental spells’ damage or healing.  Can be moving when casting
RP Sample: I needed more power!  I called my element to me, slowly transforming my body into a being made of fire.  Now my attacks should do some damage.  

Name: Terrain Alteration
Magic Type: All types (Fire, Earth, Nature, etc.)
Mana Cost: 10 Mana, +2 every even Class level starting at level 2, (lvl1=10, lvl2=12, lvl4=14, lvl6=16)
Casting Time: 1 post charge before effect on 2nd post
Duration of Effect: 5 posts starting with the initial effect
Cooldown: Once per battle topic
Stat Requirements: 17 Magic
Training Level Requirement: 15 Magic training
Class Level Requirement: 1, Effect scales with Class level
Area of Effect: AOE (effecting friendly and non-friendly) for 50 yards in all directions (or as big as you want it within that range)
Primary Effect: Create a temporary landscape of fire, or water, etc.  Enhances all of that type of Element’s attacking/healing effects by 25%, friendly and non-friendly.  When the duration is over, the terrain returns to what it was before without any ill effects from the change.  
Description: Must stay within a 3’ radius during casting (no running around).  Terrain alteration is a strange spell, it is both real and an illusion.  All the things that change, can be used to cause harm, but will not cause harm by themselves (ex. Lava from a volcano… if no one has done anything to it you can stand in it and you’re fine, but if someone uses it or imbues it with magic, then it is capable of causing damage)
Effect depends on the Element type:
Fire – the terrain turns volcanic and dry with fires burning all around
Water – the terrain becomes anywhere from ankle deep to 15 feet deep in water (you decide, remember your teammates if you decide to make it too deep…) and it is raining with a waterfall in the back (or it could be snowing if that is what you want instead and be in snow with ice)
Air – The trees all but disappear and you are in a flat field.  The wind picks up making the remaining trees sway and bend through the harsh wind, there are tornados surrounding the area.
Earth – a cave is erected around the area
Nature – the forest thickens, trees and plants are all around with vines linking them over head
Light – The same terrain as Air except for the wind and tornados.  Now the sun is so bright overhead that there isn’t a single shadow in the area (does this even at night)
Dark – the same terrain as Air except with rolling hills and the Sun is gone and there is no Moon or stars (so limited trees, hilly, and…. Almost pitch black)
During the Charging post: the air around the caster becomes visible, like seeing heat rising from the ground.  It wavers and expands to encompass the targeted area.  On the Next post, the above examples suddenly happen.
RP Sample: Our group consisted of a Knight with fire magic, a Mage with fire and air, a Scion with Light, and a Druid with Nature.  The enemy’s group consisted of a Warrior with earth, a Mage with Dark and Light, an Archer with Fire, and a Healer with Light.  I knew that casting Terrain Alteration would boost the enemy Archer’s power… but we had two people with fire Magic and it would benefit us more.  I had already charged my spell, the air around us seemed to thicken to the point it was almost touchable, but suddenly the dirt beneath our feet crackles as if the water is being sucked from it, the trees ignite and it seems like a roaring fire is all around us, the ground rises on one side and a miniature volcano appears leaking lava in a slow stream.  Now, all Fire users could use the terrain to their advantage with a boost to all damages.

Name: Conduction
Mana Cost: 2, +2 every even Class level
Casting Time: 1 post to charge your hands to conduct through your weapon with a specific spell
If you want to change spells and are still within the 4 posts duration, it will take one of those posts to charge a different spell onto it but it will not refresh the duration – this is not a way to bypass the cooldown, so once activated, you can change spells but after the initial 4 posts duration, you will have to have the cooldown.  Ex. 1 post charge Elemental Blast – Fire, 1/4 post duration of attack with the buff and decide to change to... Fire Wave (made up), this takes 1 post to charge on so you are at 2/4, 1 post attack and you are at 3/4… you can only use Fire Wave once more before the effect is done, or you could have used Fire Blast twice instead, but you cannot use Fire Blast again after changing the spell, the change-over took the place of the first spell.
Duration of Effect: 4 posts
Cooldown: 3 posts
Stat Requirements: 5 Magic
Training Level Requirement: 2 Magic training
Class Level Requirement: 1
Area of Effect: This is a buff on your hands and will only effect your weapon(s) and is dependent on the type of spell (an AOE spell vs. a single target spell), so how many people and the range is dependent on that (a bow will shoot farther and a large sword may be swung once at multiple targets)
Primary Effect: Weapon Damage Enhancement – using your magic through your weapons.  Take 50% of a spell’s damaging effect and add it to your weapon’s damage. (rounded to the nearest whole number)
Secondary Effect: Any secondary effects of the spell still apply at 50% power. (rounded to the nearest whole number)
Description: Your hands will glow with the color of your element (red-fire, blue-water, black-dark, white-light, brown-earth, green-nature, and whatever wind is… haven’t decided yet)  This glowing will leach onto your weapons as you touch them, so as you hold a sword, or a bow, or even throw a dagger, they will glow also.  You can be moving as much as you want while charging or during duration.  This spell charges your hands, and through them, your weapons with 50% of the effect from a specific spell.  It will not work by touching a person or someone else’s weapons.  
RP Sample: In my last post, I risked not attacking to charge Fire Blast into my hands, they glow red, and holding my Long Sword, now it does too.  Now I attack, doing my normal 10 damage from the sword’s attack plus 50% of Fire Blast’s damage (since my Class level is 2, Fire Blast would normally do 6 = 3) I also have a 25% change to cause 1pt of Burn damage for 4 posts.

Name: Reverse Conduction
Mana Cost: 3, +2 every even Class level
Casting Time: 1 post charge
Duration of Effect: 4 posts
Training Level Requirement: 5 Magic training
Class Level Requirement: 3
Area of Effect: This is a spell buff, so how many targets and how far it reaches is dependent on other spells.  But you must be touching your weapon to make it dissipate into your being.  
Primary Effect: Instead of channeling your magic through your weapon like Conduction, you channel your weapon through your magic.  The weapon temporarily disappears and you gain 50% of its physical damage as magical to all attacking spells. (rounded to the nearest whole number)
Secondary Effect: Dependent on if the weapon had any secondary effects, those also are at 50% power (rounded to the nearest whole number)
Description: Your weapon begins to slowly dematerialize in your hands, it seems to be sucked you’re your body through your hands.  Now your spells, if they had a physical characteristic before, are colored a slightly more metallic color.  The spell takes 50% of the damage from your weapon and puts it into any damaging spells you cast within the effect duration.  You can be moving while casting, but all other spells are dependent on their particular requirements.  You must be holding your own weapon(s) (if you throw daggers, you can hold onto them in both hands and they both dematerialize).  This does not work on anyone else’s weapons but yours, so no… ‘I touch my enemies sword and it disappears and now I have its power’ stuff.  
RP Sample: Having watched (in my last post) my Short Sword disappear like that had been surreal, but now I felt more powerful.  I cast Fire Blast (Class lvl 2 = 6 damage, + 50% of my short sword damage = 5 cut in half for 2.5 rounded up to 3 = 9 damage total) doing 9 damage.  

Other Buff and Debuffs

Name: Magical Effect Doubled
Mana Cost: 5 +5 every 5th Class level (lvl 1 = 5, lvl 5 = 10, lvl 10 = 15, lvl 15 = 20), plus whatever mana it normally takes to cast the other spells
Casting Time: 1 post cast, effect to be in next post
Cooldown: 4 posts
Training Level Requirement: 10 Magic training
Class Level Requirement: 10
Area of Effect: single target.  20 foot range
Primary Effect: doubles the effect of all spells, whether it’s a heal, buff, or attack (including any Effect-Over-Time that are placed during effect for the remainder of the 3 posts, then the Effect-Over-Time is reduced to its original effect)
Description: The Eyes of the Caster glow during casting and the Target’s eyes glow slightly for the duration of effect.  Doubles a Spell’s effect.  Can be moving while casting
RP Sample: My heals weren’t doing enough to keep our main tank alive, I cast Magical Effect Doubles, the next 3 posts of heals I cast will have double the effect, it’ll be enough to get him back to full health seen enough.

Name: Size Doesn’t Matter
Mana Cost: 2 mana
Casting Time: Immediate cast and effect
Duration of Effect: 5 posts
Cooldown: 1 post
Stat Requirements: 5 Magic
Area of Effect: single target.  20 feet range
Primary Effect: doubles or halves the physical size of target.  This does not affect any of their stats or damages
Secondary Effect: If a person is double their original size, poison and alcohol takes longer to get through their system, causing its effect to be cut in half.  If a person is half their original size, poison and alcohol effect is doubled.
Description: Closing one eye, you look through your pointer finger and your thumb which are parallel to the ground.  Seeing your target’s body (or as much as you can of their whole body) you bring them together or farther apart, depending on which effect you are trying to give (Looks like when you are trying to squish someone’s head through your fingers (>.<).  You can cast this upon yourself if you close both eyes and envision yourself as the target.  Their bodies quickly shrink or grow to half or double what they originally were.  This is mostly a funny, meaningless spell with some side benefits… but with the side-effect of poison damage and alcohol effect being altered.  You must be standing still to cast.
RP Sample: That damn minotaur was too hurt to walk, too big and heavy to carry and their wasn’t a healer in their group.  With an evil glint in her eyes, she closes one eye and uses the other to look through her 2 fingers, and slowly brings them closer together.  The effect is immediate, and he is now 5 feet tall instead of his normal 10.  Now she could carry him to a hospital or to the nearest healers.  He didn’t wake up from his stun during the process thankfully… he hated when she shrank him.

Name: Speed of Casting
Mana Cost: 5 Mana for first phase, 75 Mana for 2nd phase, 150 Mana for 3rd phase (may be altered at later date when we get characters up to that level and see what seems fair)
Casting Time: 1 post cast, effect for next post
Stat Requirements: 12 Magic
Class Level Requirement: 1 for phase one, 50 for phase 2, 100 for phase 3
Area of Effect: single target.  20 foot range
Primary Effect: Class lvl 1-49 can cast twice in one post, 50-99 cast 3 times in one post, 100 cast 4 times in the one post.  Can cast anything, heal, attack, buff, etc.
Secondary Effect: none
Description: Caster’s eyes glow for duration of cast and Target’s eyes glow for duration of effect (if they are different people, you can cast on yourself).  This spell increases the amount of times you can cast any spells in one post (does not affect how long a spell takes to cast, just how many different ones you can do at the same time, or the same one X amount of times).   Can cast on the run
RP Sample: My team needed buffs fast or they would be in trouble.  Casting Speeding of Casting on myself, I ready myself for my next post.  I would Buff him Stamina, heal her, and Buff him with Agility (since you are level 50 you can cast 3 times in one post).  Then I can keep healing them all for 2 more posts after that.

Name: Magic Resistance
Mana Cost: 3 Mana X every other Character level
Casting Time: 1 post cast, effect takes place in next post
Area of Effect: single target.  30 feet range
Primary Effect: Magic resistance 25% of all Attack/Damage-Over-Time spells (only until duration is over, then any Damage-Over-Time spells go to normal damage)
Description: The target’s body will tingle but no outward signs of Buff.  This Buffs the target with Magical Resistance of 25% from Attack/Damage-Over-Time spells.  Can cast while moving
RP Sample: The enemy had 4 Mages but only one Mercenary, the damage will be almost all Spells.  I Buff myself with Magic Resistance, and for the next 3 posts they will all do 25% less damage… now I’ll just have to kill them in that time or be forced to rebuff after the Cooldown.

Name: Physical Resistance
Mana Cost: 3 Mana X every other Character level
Casting Time: 1 post cast, effect takes place in next post
Area of Effect: single target.  30 feet range
Primary Effect: Physical resistance 25% of all Weapon/Ability Attacks/Damage-Over-Times (only until duration is over, then any Damage-Over-Time effects go to normal damage)
Description: The target’s body will tingle but no outward signs of Buff.  This Buffs the target with Physical Resistance of 25% from Weapon and Ability Attacks/Damage-Over-Time.  Can cast while moving
RP Sample: The enemy had 4 Mercenaries but only one Mage, the damage will be almost all Physical.  I Buff myself with Physical Resistance, and for the next 3 posts they will all do 25% less damage… now I’ll just have to kill them in that time or be forced to rebuff after the Cooldown.

Name: DeBuff Nullification
Mana Cost: 5 Mana, + 4 every Class Level starting with  Level 2
Casting Time: 2 post cast, effect on 3rd post
Duration of Effect: 1 post effect
Cooldown: 4 posts
Training Level Requirement: 10 Magic training
Class Level Requirement: 2
Area of Effect: Multiple targets not AOE… as in I see 5 people and target each one individually at the same time but no others.  Limit of 6 targets Max.  40 foot range
Primary Effect: Takes off all DeBuffs the enemy has placed on your targets.  If they DeBuffed you for –Strength or – Magic, it removes the DeBuff.  Doesn’t take away their Buffs on themselves or your DeBuffs on them, just the DeBuffs that they placed on you and your team (max of 6 people per cast so choose carefully since there is a 4 post cooldown).  This only works on DeBuffs that are 5 Class Levels higher than you and lower… if someone 6 Class Level’s higher than you, this won’t work on their DeBuffs at all unless some of the DeBuffs were casted by someone of a lower level.
Description: Targets’ entire bodies glow for the one post of effect as it cleanses their systems of all DeBuffs.  This is only considered a Buff because it takes away DeBuffs… any and all DeBuffs… from a Max of 6 targets that were placed there by someone less than 6 Class Levels higher than you.  Must be standing still while casting.
RP Sample: The enemy had been casting DeBuff after DeBuff on our team for the last few posts, wasting their Mana in my mind, since I was just a couple of posts away from erasing all of them.  I start casting DeBuff Nullification.
Another post of casting while the DeBuffs are having their effect; not for long.
Finally the Spell is cast and it wipes away all the DeBuffs they had placed on all of my teammates.

Last edited by Azalea on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://reignofturmoil.forumotion.com

PreMade Buff/DeBuff Spells
Page 1 of 1